Contests, Experiences and More

Virginia PTA’s Citizenship Essay Project

Open to grades K-12 at schools with good PTA/PTSA in Good Standing

Login to Save.

National PTA Reflections Program

National PTA Reflections Program

This competition encourages students to explore the arts and express themselves by providing positive recognition for their artistic efforts. Registration opens July 1, 2019 and will close on February 1, 2020.

Login to Save.

Caring for Our Watersheds

Caring for Our Watersheds

Caring for Our Watersheds is an environmental competition that encourages creativity and rewards students for their solutions to local watershed issues. Winning teams win money to implement their idea. Open to: Classrooms/clubs composed of students in grades 6-10.

Login to Save.

Envirothon

Envirothon

The Virginia Envirothon is a natural resources competition for high school students. Students who participate learn about stewardship and management concepts and work to solve real and hypothetical environmental problems.

Login to Save.

VCU College of Engineering Computer Science Day

Computer Science Day at VCU on November 16, 2019 9-3:30PM. Free includes lunch. Learn about cutting edge research with faculty and students from VCU Department of Computer Science.

Login to Save.

Daughters of the American Revolution

Daughters of the American Revolution

Apply here for multiple scholarships awarded annually . Applications are accepted August 1, 2019-February 15, 2020.

Login to Save.

NCDA Poetry and Art Contest

NCDA Poetry and Art Contest

NCDA Poetry and Art Contest. Open to grades K-Adult. Entries must go through local school and district judging. Win gift cards and have your work displayed on the NCDA website.

Login to Save.

STEM Essay Contest

STEM Essay Contest

Each year the Virginia Council on Women provides 1 scholarship to a high school junior or senior in each of 5 geographic regions. See contest guidelines here. Contest launches in January.

Login to Save.

Virginia Museum of History and Culture

Virginia Museum of History and Culture

Virginia History Day contests for students in grades 6-8 and 9-12 compete in any one of 9 categories  as an individual or group. VIEW details here. View District contest deadlines here.

Login to Save.

Valley Health

Valley Health

Career Exploration in the Health Professions Medical Careers Exploration Experiences for Children in Middle School and High School through summer camps, volunteer programs, and Health Sciences Academy. Specifically for students in Winchester and the counties of Frederick, Clarke, Warren, Rappahannock, Shenandoah, and Page.

Login to Save.

VHSL Academics Competitions

VHSL Academics Competitions

Virginia High School League sponsors several academic contests annually. Click here for details.

Login to Save.

Virginia Cuisine Recipe Challenge

Virginia Cuisine Recipe Challenge

Virginia Cuisine Recipe Challenge is a digital contest for 6th-12th graders and college students designed to celebrate the Commonwealth’s unique foodways. Contest closes October 18, 2019

Login to Save.